Background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just a little something I made

I found this idea over at one of the blogs, but since my computer was re-vamped, I have lost the link.  She first made these for a tablescape in February and then re-did it for July.  She used illusion for the "whipped cream" but I decided to try a white crepe paper flower, smooshed down.  I also substituted the truffle she used for the cherry with a red cinnamon candy my husband had in his office. I'll keep looking for this lovely blog, and maybe she will see it and let me know!
UPDATE!!!  I found it at Between naps on the Porch.
Check out this great blog at:
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/06/4th-of-july-craft-or-party-favor.html


 My sorority group has its annual weenie roast tonight and the gift theme is 4th of July so I had to do this for my gift to share.  It's supposed to be a $5 limit, but I kind of exceeded that!  I hope whoever gets this likes it!



















I took this with my phone and left my messy work area in it!  The tools I needed were a sewing maching and hot glue gun.  The hardest part was pushing those pins through the candy wrappers!

Happy 4th!  (it's my birthday also!)

SG

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this turned out great! I like the cinnamon candy on top...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete