Background

Friday, June 26, 2009

Today's recipe

Since the lettuce is ready to pick in my garden, I thought I would share how to make good wilted lettuce. I learned this from my mother in law when I was in my 20's.

One big bowl of freshly picked leaf lettuce, washed and dried. If you don't grow it in the backyard, get a head of leaf lettuce at the store.
I like to roll several leaves up and slice them across, but you can also tear it into bite sized pieces.
Add in about 6 green onions sliced medium thin, include some of the tops. Toss it togther with about 2 tablespoons of vinegar.

Then heat about 2-3 tablespoons of bacon grease until it is just about to start smoking. Pour it immediately over the lettuce in the bowl, and toss it. Serve immediatley, don't let this get cold.

This is great with any summer meal.

Enjoy!

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment