Background

Friday, May 29, 2009

Me and flea markets

I have been having some amazing luck lately at flea markets. I have looked for at least 15 years for a McCoy wall pocket, the fruit kind. I wanted one with a pear or bananas on it, because they are yellow. They cost so much I needed to find one that was imperfect..and I finally did. On a return run from my 4 times yearly one day trips to Little Rock, I stopped off at the Three Sisters Antique Mall in Alma, and there was a whole booth of McCoy, and 2 wall pockets! One was a pear, that had been repaired, so it was priced at $25. The other was in perfect shape and was grapes, and it was priced at $125, which is still a good price. So I snapped up the Pear one...now I need to decide where in my kitchen to hang it!

Then Memorial Day weekend, I visited one of my favorites, the All My Treasures flea market on Hwy 16 East in Fayetteville. There I found a booth with a blue McCoy Shoe, it was only $5! I think it has been re-glazed, but I don't really care. And there was a yellow vase matching one I already had in blue, for $8 and a bamboo pot that looks perfect to me, for $8. Is this stuff coming down in price? or am I a fool? Who knows...

Oh and I also found some great stuff for my best friend's birthday. I wont say what...in case she reads this...


Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment