Background

Monday, May 11, 2009

Strawberry Pie

It's that time of year, so I'll just post my recipe for fresh strawberry pie, without using that nasty premade glaze they have in the store. Still no pics because I don't have a digital camera...

Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water
2 T. White Karo Syrup
3 T. Cornstarch
Cook, Stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.

Add:
3 T. strawberry Jell-od
ash salt
½ t. red food coloring

Fill a baked and cooled piecrust with whole strawberries. (If the strawberries are those huge honkers they have in the store these days, cut or quarter them. You dont want a big thing to have to try to cut.) Pour cooled glaze over berries. Refrigerate until chilled. Top with whipped cream or cool-whip. Keep refrigerated.


For fresh peach pie:Use peach or orange-pineapple jell-o, yellow food color and fresh sliced peaches.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I'm up in Benton Co. at Rogers! Come visit my blog @
    http://grannymountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit your blog all the time, I also follow you on Twitter! Enjoying it immensley! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete