Background

Monday, June 22, 2009

How My Garden Grows!


With all the rain, then sunny days, then no rain and heat, my garden is really growing. The pepper plants are not as big as I would like, and have started blooming. The tomato plants are blooming, and the lettuce is ready to harvest.






Tomato plants are starting to bloom, I may have them a little crowded, time will tell.

These are Better Boys, with one Roma in the center.








This is the squash and cucumber. They haven't started to bloom yet, but I need to watch them closely and do the pollinating, so I won't get strange crossbreeds. I forgot and put the cukes and squash in the same pool.

Also, the marigolds I planted don't seem to be coming up very well.




These are the pepper plants, with lettuce and spinach sowed about them.







All in all, so far this experiment is going pretty well. I just hope I get some produce out of this! The pools should last 2 or 3 years, then I'll transfer it all to a raised bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment