Background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Countdown to vacation!

One week from today we will be on our way for our Griswold-like summer vacation, minus the kids.  Just the two of us in my little Hyundai car (because it gets a whopping 30+ mpg) and 21 days, and 5000 miles.

It's quite a plan and its on a spreadsheet...I'll blog about it and include pictures as we go and as we are places with wi-fi that is free. 

Here is the second stop, first night is Des Moines, because its 5 hours from the second day..The Taylor Home Inn in Clear Lake Wisconsin...











It's a reproduction of the Taylor home in The Andy Griffith Show, and we are staying in Aunt Bee's room.






I'm just excited!

SG

2 comments:

  1. Hi there fellow Bloggerette Sorority Sister! We're almost neighbors girlfriend! I live in Flippin, AR which is close to Mtn. Home! As a matter of fact I'll be over in Fayetteville on the 8th of July with my hubby who has an appointment at the VA. Hopefully sometime when I come your way we might meet for lunch somewhere. I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun in the Sorority.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara
    Moore Whimsies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Colorado! I see you have joined our little soroity! So glad to meet you (I see you are in Arkansas, my family is from there and that is where the name of my blog-business comes from, we are over at Dyer/Alma outside Fort Smith)! Have a wonderful vacation!
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete