Background

Monday, July 5, 2010

Vacation Day One!

Day one - we start out after a wonderful breakfast at McDonalds.  Then go by Colliers, then we are off!
First potty stop - Bentonville.

Then we are off again!  For some reason some of these pictures came out in
B&W so just ignore that.

We are chugging on toward KC, and we notice the old highway next to the interstate...I am pretty sure the last time I went to KC, it was on this highway....and by the way, it's really hard to take pictures from a moving car...




And lots of corn for some reason.

And then it was...




We made a pit stop at this visitors center/Amish Country store, where I over paid for some kitchen towels with crocheted cherries hanging off them and bought Alex some chocolate covered cherries so he would pose for this picture...






Then we made a stop at Exit 52, St. Charles, where we found this...



One of the Bridges of Madison County..(it was raining)



Then went down the road to Winterset, the county seat of Madison County and the birthplace of John Wayne....

And apparently this church, now the St.Charles visitor center, was in the movie I'm not sure how...


Now we are in lovely Akeny, Iowa at the ever popular Days Inn...heck $69 and they throw in breakfast! Dinner at the Village Inn, check out what we ate on the What We Ate tab. 

tomorrow is day 2!
Dead Skunk Count = 2

See you later...
SG

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a good time! Keep on keeping us posted!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't know if you remember me but I met you on both AR FlyLady email group and then LCH. Just refound your blog and what fun looking at your pictures from your trip...what an educational trip I could make. And my oldest A-M would LOVE the above trip so far....she is a HUGE John Wayne fan and has a picture of him framed in her room...she's my cowgirl. Anyway, just wanted to say HI and loving the pictures!
    Take care!
    Rebecca D (also known as R)
    ps I'm on facebook, in case you wanted to see pix of the kids. I am looking to start my own blog but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete