Background

Friday, July 24, 2009

Time for the weekend

Thank goodness its finally Friday! I'm looking forward to a weekend.
Here is a new recipe posting for this weekend. Speaking of which, I ordered a cookbook off Amazon that I had checked out of the library. I really like it, it has some great southern cooking, some history and they are traditional recipes..check it out if you can. I posted its picture under what I'm reading.
This is a cookie recipe I got from my neighbor who lived across the street from me for many years. I really miss her!


Marion’s Unbelievably Good Sugar Cookies

This recipe came from my neighbor across the street who was a well renowned baker in her circle of friends. It is a very light melt-in-your-mouth version.

1 c Sugar
1 c Confectioner's sugar
1 c Butter or margarine; soft
1 c Oil
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cream of tartar
1 tsp Vanilla
4 1/2 C. Flour
Combine the sugars, butter oil and eggs, beat well. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well. Refrigerate dough until well chilled (2 hours)Preheat oven to 375 F. Roll dough into balls and dip into granulated sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass which has been dipped into the sugar-- it keeps the dough from sticking. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
These are incredibly good and light - a perfect cookie for tea in the afternoon, or with fresh fruit.
enjoy...love,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment